Wrist Articulation: Method 1
Revision as of 11:44, 5 December 2005 by Beav
Many otherwise perfect figures have poor wrist poses that make them unable to hold a weapon in a convincing manner, but this can easily be fixed.
- Hobby Knife
- Pin Vice Drill (a small hobby drill, don't use a power drill) with a drill bit the size of your paper clip
- Paper Clip
- Wire Cutters
- Step 1: Carefully slice though the figure's wrist by cutting around it rather than straight though it. This keeps the detail and gives a better angle.
- Step 2: Drill a hole about 2-3 mm into the center of the hand and drill 3-5 mm into the center of the arm.
- Step 3: Clip a short section of paper clip and insert it into the arm. Shorten the paper clip with the clippers so that the hand fits onto the arm with no gap. See Step3.jpg
- Step 4: Remove the paper clip from the arm and supergule it into the hand. Once dry push the end into the arm.
You now have an articulated wrist.