Onyx Featured Customizer
Onyx is the Featured Customizer for October 2010. He has the whole package when it comes to customizing. His paints are always smooth and dynamic, he's a great sculpter, and has a perfect eye for parts. Check out all of his great work in the critiques section
Which style of figures do you enjoy customizing the most?
1. Honestly, I enjoy customizing cryptids and things that people would not expect to see the most, anything where my imagination has no restrictions and I don't have to conform to anyone's creation or guidelines for a character. I can just run with my own ideas. However, my preferred scale is 3.75" and my preferred figure line to use s the Marvel Universe.
What brand of paint do you prefer?
2. I prefer Citadel style paints but will use anything depending on the look desired. Mostly I use Privateer P3 paints as they are more cost efficient.
Where do you find inspiration for your customs?
3. Inspiration for me is hard to define. If I am doing a figure based on an already present name brand, I try to make what I think the company will never make or, what has not been seen in ages. If it's an original idea, I just try to make what I think would look great and I'd love to have.
What do you consider to be your best tools of the trade?
4. I 'd have to say my skills an artist are my best tools.I feel I am fortunate that I began as a drawer and painter at the age of 8. I feel it helps me in my sculpting as well., which only began fully in 2009.
What is your strongest area when it comes to customizing?
5. My strongest area is hard to pin down also. I don't like to brag or seem conceited. I usually let my fans decide what my best or strongest area is. In my mind, I have not yet reached my best .
I try to learn new tricks with every custom, try to always better myself. I guess you may say, I am my worst critic.