Revision as of 19:31, 20 December 2007 by Beav
Welcome to the Customizing Guide. Look at this as your manual to the hobby. Whether you're just starting off or you're trying to add new skills, you can come here to find tutorials from your fellow customizers.
- What paint do I use?
- What tools should I have?
- How do I take the figures apart or put them together?
- A brief guide to basic painting techniques.
- How do I paint eyes so they look good?
- What's it take to make a basic custom vehicle? - by Airtight
- Adding Wrist Articulation
- Swapping lower arms
- Using Nonstandard Parts by Doc Rob
- Creating a quick change head mount
- Detailing, camouflage and other advanced painting techniques.
- Python Patrol Vehicle Painting How-To - Python Viper's guide to getting that Python-fresh finish.
- Tiger Force Painting How-To - How to paint Tiger Force patterns for your custom figures by iwbeta.
- Tiger Force Vehicle Painting How-To - carnage717's guide to painting Tiger Force vehicles.
- How to Tighten Up a Loose Figure - If your figure has loose joints here are three things to check and how to fix them.
- Remove a Screw - nova's guide on what to do if you have to deal with a stripped out screw.
- Taking apart Zartan, Zandar, Zaranna and Ninja Force
- Casting figure parts
- Customizing with Green Stuff - Chief shows us how to use this material for our sculpting needs.
- Head Sculpting - loop shares his head sculpting methods.
- Sculpting and Sculpting Materials
- Building a Rotating Base for Painting - How to make a useful tool to make painting easier by Doc Rob.
- Custom Clamps - A guide to assembling a custom painting jig by JM70.
- Custom Weapons
- Rotary Tools (Dremels, etc.)
- Hasbro Color Conversion Chart
- Custom Paint Mix Guide
- Camo Reference Sites
- Weapon Reference Sites
- A list of real guns the 3 & 3/4 accessories are based on
- Different methods on how to best clean dirty vehicles and playsets
- Military Ranks - More than you ever wanted to know about Military Ranks and positions by Chief
- Black Ice: A Slippery Slope for the Customizing Community? - pluv explores the ramifications of the high auction price of a limited edition custom.
- Custom Figures in Dio-stories - Tim Elf's look at the use of customs in the storytelling arm of the fandom.
- Evolution of Customizing - How the hobby came about by pluv.
- Hard to find Accessories - A list of the line's hardest accessories to add to your collection.
- Hard to find Vehicle Parts - A list of the line's hardest vehicles parts to add to your collection.
- Larry Hama's Tips for Writing Filecards - Who best to tell us than the man who started them in the first place?
- Evilface's Custom Crash Course
- How to Make a Custom Clutch Figure
- Creating a Vac-Metal Effect for customizing by Chris Marsh
- Tips & Tricks - A large collection of guides that can be used for painting props and dio sets.
- US Military Ranks - A chart showing equivalent ranks across the services on JMM's Joe comic page.